White Chili ChickenPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 4 people
- 600 g diced chicken breasts
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- 1 finely chopped red chili
- 500 mls stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 tin mixed beans/cannellini beans
- 1.5 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 20 g flour
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 50 g fat free Greek yogurt
- 1kcal spray
- In a bowl, mix the raw chicken breast with the salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder.
- Heat a wok on medium heat and spray with one kcal spray.
- Add the chicken to the wok and cook for about 5 mins (until it is starting to brown and is about 3/4 cooked).
- Remove the chicken from the wok and leave aside.
- Add the wok back to the heat and spray again.
- Add a finely chopped onion and cook until tender (about 2 minutes).
- Next add the grated garlic and finely chopped chili.
- Stir in the flour and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add in the vegetable stock SLOWLY and stir continuously until no lumps of flour remain.
- Stir in the oregano and brown sugar.
- Add back in the chicken and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the mixed beans.
- Remove from heat to allow to cool slightly before stirring in the Greek yogurt.
- Serve with rice/cauliflower rice/mashed potato etc.
Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 3g