American Style Pancakes
American Style PancakesPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 12 pancakes
- 135 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 150 mls unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
- 1 tablespoon sweetener or sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 1 kcal butter spray
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, sweetener and salt.
- In a jug, whisk together the egg and almond milk.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and whisk with a fork until the batter is smooth and there are no lumps left. Leave batter aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Spray your pan with butter spray.
- Add one tablespoon of batter to the pan and spread out to form a small circle shape. You might be able to fit two pancakes in the pan at a time.
- When the pancake starts to bubble, flip it over and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Remove from the pan and repeat until you have no batter left.
- Top with your toppings of choice.
- Pictured here with a white chocolate Nestle Kvarg yogurt (for a serving of protein), white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts (nutritional info does not include toppings).
Serving: 1pancake (no toppings) | Calories: 48kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g