Apple Pie Porridge
Apple Pie PorridgePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 1 person
- 40 g oats
- 200 mls unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
- 100 mls water
- 1 small apple (Gala, Pink Lady, Granny Smith)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 20 g vanilla whey protein powder (can also use cinnamon/salted caramel flavour etc)
- 10 g honey
- 10 g chia seeds
- Peel and core the apple.
- Grate or finely chop it.
- In a small saucepan, add the oats, almond milk, water, cinnamon, grated/finely chopped apple and chia seeds. Keep a small bit of the grated apple aside for a garnish.
- Cook over a medium heat for about 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally until the liquid has been absorbed and the porridge is starting to thicken.
- Add more milk/water if you prefer a runnier porridge (it will thicken a bit more when protein powder is added.)
- Remove the porridge from the heat and stir in the protein powder.
- Pour the porridge into a bowl and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon, the leftover apple and a drizzle of honey.
Calories: 399kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 10g