Butter ChickenPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 3 servings
- 450 g diced chicken breasts
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- 100 g diced onion
- 100 g button mushrooms
- 1 diced pepper (approx. 150g)
- 100 g fat free Greek yogurt
- 200 g passata (use a little more if you want it to be saucier)
- 100 mls light cream
- 2 teaspoons garam masala (spice in most supermarkets)
- 1 and a 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt & pepper
- 1 kcal spray
- 20 g light butter
- 1 teaspoon sweetener
- Mix your chicken, fat free Greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon of garam masala, 1/2 a teaspoon of tumeric and 1/2 a teaspoon of cumin in a bowl until everything is well combined. You can leave this marinade for a few hours in the fridge if you have time but it's not necessary.
- Heat a pan on a medium heat and spray well with 1 kcal spray.
- Add the marinated chicken to the pan and fry for about 3 minutes on each side until starting to colour. Remove the chicken from the pan and leave aside (you will finish cooking it in the sauce in a while).
- Add the pan back to the heat and add the butter.
- Add the onion and cook for about 3-4 minutes until the onion is starting to soften.
- Add the garlic, 1 teaspoon of garam masala and 1 teaspoon of cumin to the pan and stir well.
- Add the peppers and mushrooms, and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the passata and bring the sauce to a simmer.
- Add in the chicken and for about 8-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked throughout and the sauce is starting to thicken.
- Stir in the cream and sweetener.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with your favourite side such as rice/naan breads and a garnish of fresh coriander.
Serving: 1serving (rice or naan not included) | Calories: 368kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 14g