Calzone (Folded Pizza)
CalzonePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 1 person
- 1 large tortilla wrap
- 100g diced chicken breast
- 100g passata or low calorie pizza sauce
- 1/4 chopped red pepper
- 3 mushrooms
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 20g low fat grated cheddar/mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1-2 tablespoon egg wash (an egg mixed up in a cup with a little bit of skimmed milk)
- 1 kcal spray
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Heat a pan over a medium heat and spray with 1 kcal spray.
- Add in the garlic and onion and sweat for a minute.
- Add in the diced chicken and cook until white.
- Next add in the pepper and mushrooms and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and mixed herbs.
- Add in the passata and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with tin foil and spray with 1 kcal spray.
- Place tortilla wrap on the tray.
- Fill one half of the tortilla with your mixture leaving about 1cm free around the edge. Don't over fill the tortilla or it will fall apart in the oven.
- Add the cheese and fresh basil on top.
- Brush the edges of the filled side with the egg wash mixture and fold down the other side over the mixture pressing down on the edges.
- Press down to seal the edges of the calzone so the mixture doesn't leak out.
- Brush the outside of the calzone with more egg wash mixture and spray with one kcal spray.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes until crispy and golden brown.
- If it is not crisping up, switch it to the grill for a few minutes.
- Serve with a side salad for some extra micronutrients.
- Try different filling ideas such as different protein sources (ham, pepperoni), cheeses (feta, parmesan) or veg (spinach, cherry tomatoes).
Serving: 1calzone | Calories: 437kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 12g