Chicken Fajita Pasta BakePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 4 servings
- 400 g diced chicken breasts
- 200 g diced pepper
- 3 cloves grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon of each cumin, paprika, chili powder, oregano can use a sachet of fajita/Mexican seasoning instead
- 160 g pasta (raw weight)
- 60 g low fat grated cheddar
- 100 g light cream cheese
- 400 g tinned tomatoes
- Salt & pepper
- 1 kcal spray
- Heat a pan on a medium heat and spray well with 1 kcal spray.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the pepper and chicken, and season well with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until the chicken and peppers are charred and cooked throughout.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta per packet instructions minus two minutes (it will finish cooking in the oven).
- You can also preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Add the oregano, chili powder, cumin and paprika (or fajita spice mix) to the chicken and peppers, and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the tinned tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat and stir in the cream cheese.
- Add the cooked pasta and mix well.
- Pour into an ovenproof dish and top with grated cheese.
- Bake for ten minutes until golden and bubbling.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 9g