Chicken Tikka Masala
Chicken Tikka MasalaPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 4 people
- 550 g chopped chicken breast
- 100 g fat free Greek yogurt
- 10 g Tikka curry powder
- 1 clove grated garlic
Tikka Masala Curry
- 200 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- 1 finely chopped red chili
- 10-20 g Tikka curry powder (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- black pepper
- 500 g tinned tomatoes or passata
- 150 g chopped broccoli
- 1/2 chopped red pepper
- 150 g chopped cauliflower
- 1 kcal spray
- 50 g fat free Greek yogurt
- To make the marinade, mix 100g of fat free Greek yogurt with 10g of Tikka curry powder and one clove of grated garlic.
- Pour on the chicken breasts and mix well.
- Cover and leave in the fridge to marinade while you make the curry.
- To make the curry, heat a wok on medium and add the stock.
- Bring to a simmer and add the onion, garlic and chili.
- Cook for 5 minutes to allow the onions to soften.
- Add the Tikka curry powder and coriander.
- Season with chili flakes and black pepper.
- Add 500g of tinned tomatoes or passata and stir in.
- Add the broccoli, red pepper and cauliflower.
- Allow the curry to simmer and thicken while you cook the chicken.
- Line a tray with tin foil and spray well with 1 kcal spray.
- Place the marinated chicken breasts in a single layer on the tray and spray again.
- Grill on the highest setting for about 15 minutes turning half way through.
- Remove the curry from the heat and allow cool slightly.
- Stir in the fat free Greek yogurt. It's important to allow the curry to cool slightly before adding the yogurt or else it will split. (Don't boil the curry again after adding the yogurt.)
- Stir in the grilled chicken and serve with rice, cauliflower rice or low calorie naan breads.
- If you are rushing, you can make this recipe even easier by skipping the marinating part and just adding the raw chicken breast to the curry when the veg is added simmering for 10-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked throughout.
Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 3g