Chocolate Sponge Cake with Raspberries & Cream
Chocolate Sponge Cake with Raspberries & CreamPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 8 slices
- 3 eggs
- 120 g granulated sweetener (Canderel Sugarly)
- 80 g plain flour
- 5 g baking powder
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 150 mls light cream (Avonmore)
- 200 g thawed frozen raspberries
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and granulated sweetener with an electric whisk for about 2-3 minutes until doubled in size. If doing by hand, it will take a bit longer.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until the batter is smooth.
- Spray a cake tin well with 1kcal spray and pour the mixture in.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until just firm on top (and a knife comes out clean).
- Remove from the tin and allow cool.
- Carefully slice the cake down the middle horizontally.
- Whip the cream.
- Crush the thawed frozen raspberries slightly and spread over one half of the cake.
- Top with the whipped cream.
- Carefully place the other half of the cake on top.
- Dust with icing sugar (optional) and decorate with a spare raspberry.
Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g