Coconut Chickpea Curry
Coconut Chickpea CurryPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 4 people
- 2 x 240 g tins chickpeas (drained)
- 1 x 400 mls light coconut milk
- 1 finely chopped red onion
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- 1 thumb sized piece grated ginger
- 1 finely chopped chili
- 200 g broccoli
- 300 g cubed butternut squash
- 1 veg stock pot
- 1 x 400 g tin tomatoes
- 30 g curry powder
- 10 g tumeric
- 10 g cumin
- 200 g fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 kcal spray
- salt & pepper
- Heat a wok on medium and spray well with one kcal spray.
- Add the onion and sweat for two minutes.
- Add the ginger, garlic and chili.
- Add the curry powder, cumin and tumeric and cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly to help the spices release flavour.
- Add the brocolli, butternut squash and chickpeas.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and coconut milk.
- Stir in the stockpot and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes until butternut squash and broccoli are tender.
- Season to taste with salt/pepper and add in chopped coriander.
- Serve each portion with 50g of fat free Greek yogurt on top.
- This recipe goes well with a portion of quinoa, rice, cauliflower rice, black bean spaghetti, noodles naan bread etc.
Calories: 272kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 9g