Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Vol-Au-VentsPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 4 servings (2 vol-au-vents and 1/4 filling per serving)
- 8 Jus Rol 17g medium sized frozen vol-au-vent cases (approx. 69 calories per case)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 500 g diced chicken breast
- 1 kcal spray
- 200 g sliced chestnut mushrooms
- 100 g extra light cream cheese
- 20 g plain flour
- 200 mls chicken stock (made with 1 chicken stock cube)
- 1 kcal spray
- Salt & pepper
- Bake the vol-au-vents according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan on a medium heat and spray with 1 kcal spray.
- Add your diced chicken breast and cook until white throughout and brown on each side.
- While you are waiting for the chicken to cook, add the flour to a small bowl and mix in 1-2 tablespoons of water until fully disolved. Stir the chicken stock into the flour mixture.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the pan back to the heat and spray again with 1 kcal spray.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook until starting to brown.
- Add in the garlic and cook for one 1 minute.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring the sauce to a simmer.
- Stir in the light cream cheese and stir until the sauce is smooth and starting to thicken.
- Taste and season with salt and black pepper.
- Add the chicken back in to the pan and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped parsey and serve 1/4 of the chicken mixture over 2 vol-au-vent cases per serving.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 339kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 13g