Creamy Tomato & Basil Chicken Pasta
Creamy Tomato & Basil Chicken PastaPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 2 servings
- 200 g diced chicken
- 100 g pasta (raw weight)
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 50 mls cooking cream (or light cream)
- 1 handful chopped basil
- 10 g grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- 1 kcal spray
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan on a medium heat and spray well with 1kcal spray.
- Add the diced chicken breast to the pan, season with salt and pepper to taste, and stir occasionally until cooked and white throughout (about 5-7 minutes).
- Remove the chicken from the pan and leave aside.
- Add the pan back to the heat, spray again and add the chopped garlic.
- Cook for two minutes and pour in the tinned tomatoes.
- Add the cream and about 50mls of the pasta water.
- Stir the sauce and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add in the parmesan and stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce is starting to thicken.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken and cooked pasta, and mix well.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped basil.
- Serve into two serving bowls.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 394kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 8g