Creamy Veg RisottoPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 4 people
- 200 g arborio rice
- 1 sliced red pepper
- 100 g tender stem broccoli spears
- 200 g asparagus tips
- 250 g sliced chestnut mushrooms
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- 1,200 mls veg stock (made with 2 veg stock pots or 2 veg stock cubes)
- 30 mls white wine vinegar
- 40 g grated parmesan
- Salt & pepper.
- 1 kcal spray
- Heat a saucepan on a medium heat and add the veg stock to keep it warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok on medium heat and spray well with 1 kcal spray.
- Add the broccoli, peppers, asparagus and chestnut mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir fry for 3-4 minutes until the veg is tender and slightly browned.
- Remove the veg from the pan and leave them aside while you cook the risotto.
- Heat the wok again and spray well again with 1 kcal spray.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes to soften.
- Add the arborio rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add the white wine vinegar and cook until the liquid has absorbed still stirring from time to time.
- Using a ladle/small cup, add some of the veg stock from the saucepan (about 100mls) stirring almost constantly (give it a break from stirring from time to time to allow the risotto to come to a slight simmer).
- Make sure the liquid is not boiling as you don't want the risotto to cook too fast!!
- When the liquid has absorbed, repeat this process of adding stock slowly one ladle at a time and stirring constantly until the liquid has absorbed.
- This will take about 15-20 minutes until the rice is cooked. You may need slightly more or slightly less stock! The rice should be cooked and have a bit of a bite.
- Once the rice is cooked, season with pepper and stir back in the veg.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe tastes best fresh but it will hold for a few days in the fridge.
Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 5g