Crispy Chili Beef Stir FryPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 4 people
- 500 g diced lean steak (or cut into strips)
- 300 g sliced red pepper
- 100 g finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- 1 sliced chili (leave the seeds in if you like spice)
- 1 kcal spray
- Salt & pepper
- 30 g cornflour
- 50 g egg whites (or use 1 full egg - only adds about 10 calories extra per portion)
- 30 g light soy sauce
- 40 g low sugar ketchup
- 100 g sweet chili sauce
- 15 g vinegar
- Add your diced steak to a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the egg whites and mix well.
- Add the cornflour and mix well until the steak is well coated.
- Heat a pan on a medium heat and spray well with 1 kcal spray.
- Add the steak and cook the steak for about 5-7 minutes flipping regularly until starting to crisp on all sides.
- Remove the steak from the pan and leave aside just before it is cooked to your liking (it will have more cooking time at the end so better to leave it a bit rarer than you like now).
- Add the pan back to the heat, and add the onions and peppers.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes and add the garlic and chili.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile to make the sauce, add all the ingredients to a cup and mix well.
- Stir in the sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Add the steak back in, stir well and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the steak is cooked to your preference.
- Divide into 4 portions and serve with your favourite side - rice or noodles would be our choice.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 5g