Crispy Cajun Chicken Burger
Cajun Crispy Chicken BurgerPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 5 burgers
- 5 small chicken breast fillets (approx. 600g)
- 30 g spicy tortilla chips (e.g. Doritos)
- 20 g panko breadcrumbs (or sub for more Doritos)
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 egg
- 20 g plain flour
- 5 brioche burger buns (Aldi have nice ones for 150 calories)
- 1 handful freshly sliced lettuce leaves
- 20 g low cal sour cream/extra light mayo (Od El Paso)
- 30 g sriracha sauce
- 1 kcal spray
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and whisk with a fork.
- Season the egg with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, add the flour.
- In a third bowl, crush the tortilla chips to a powder and stir in the cajun seasoning and panko breadcrumbs.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and spray well with 1 kcal spray.
- Pound or flatten each chicken breast to an even thickness so that it will cook. You could also cut the breast into thinner strips instead if they are very thick.
- Dip the breasts in the bowl of flour to fully coat it on all sides.
- Next dip it in the egg mixture.
- Finally dip it in the cajun crumb mixture and add the breast to the baking tray.
- Repeat with all the chicken breasts.
- Spray each chicken breast well with 1kcal spray.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until crispy and cooked throughout.
- Meanwhile, mix the sour cream and sriracha sauce in a small bowl to make a the spicy sauce.
- Toast each bun and top with some fresh lettuce, crispy chicken and the spicy sauce.
Serving: 1burger | Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 8g