EnchiladasPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 6 enchiladas
- 300 g diced chicken breast
- 1 sliced red pepper (approx. 120g)
- 1 sliced yellow pepper (approx. 120g)
- 1 small finely chopped onion (approx. 120g)
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- 6 mini tortilla wraps
- 60 g light grated cheese
- 600 g passata sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt & pepper
- 1 kcal spray
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Heat a large pan on a medium heat and spray well with 1kcal spray.
- Add the finely chopped onion and grated garlic, and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the diced chicken and sliced peppers.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Sauté for about 6 minutes, stirring from time to time until the chicken is cooked throughout and starting to brown.
- Remove the chicken and veg from the pan, and leave aside.
- Add the pan back to the heat and pour in the passata sauce.
- Season with the chili powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Adjust spice level by using less chili/paprika/cumin if you are cooking for children or prefer a milder sauce.
- Add 100 mls of water and bring to a gentle simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To assemble the enchiladas, spray a large ovenproof dish with 1 kcal spray.
- Lay out a tortilla and spread with two tablespoons of the enchilada sauce.
- Top with 1/6th of the chicken and peppers mixture.
- Roll up the tortilla and carefully place it in the ovenproof dish (sideways so you can fit all 6).
- Repeat with the remaining 5 tortillas.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce evenly over the enchiladas and top with grated cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and the tortillas are starting to crisp around the edges.
Serving: 1enchilada | Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 5g