Fluffy Protein PancakesPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 2 servings
- 80 g plain flour (or any flour)
- 50 g vanilla flavoured whey protein protein (PEScience Cake pop flavour used here)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 g light ricotta or fat Free Greek yogurt
- 3 egg whites
- 120 mls milk (unsweetened almond used here)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl (flour, protein powder, baking powder) and mix well.
- Add in the vanilla essence, milk and fat free Greek yogurt or light ricotta.
- Mix until just about combined and leave aside.
- In a clean and dry bowl, whisk the egg whites until they start to form stiff peaks. This is what will make the pancakes fluffy. It will take a few minutes by hand (it's a workout) or you can use an electric whisk if you have one.
- Fold the egg whites into the pancake batter.
- Heat a pan on medium and spray well with 1 kcal spray.
- Add a tablespoon of batter to the pan and spread evenly.
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes until it starts to bubble and flip over.
- Cook for another 30 seconds and repeat with remaining batter.
- Top with whatever you like.
- Can cook in advance and keep in an airtight container in fridge. Can eat them cold or to heat them back up, toast for a few seconds.
Serving: 5pancakes | Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 5g