Lemon Loaf with White Chocolate DrizzlePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 9 slices
- 240 g self-raising flour
- 120 g granulated sweetener (e.g. Canderel Sugarly - must be granulated sweetener with similar texture to real sugar)
- 6 g baking powder
- 2 g baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Juice and zest of a lemon
- 150 mls unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
- 60 g melted butter or oil
- 20 g white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Warm the almond milk slightly in the microwave for 30 seconds (just so it is not too cold so that it solidifies the melted butter).
- Add the granulated sweetener, lemon juice, vanilla essence, melted butter/oil and half of the almond milk to a bowl and whisk.
- Sift in the dry ingredients (self-raising flour, baking powder, baking soda).
- Fold in with a spatula until the mixture is well combined.
- Mix in the rest of the almond milk.
- Pour the batter into a lined bread/loaf tin.
- Bake in the middle of the over for 40-45 minutes until golden on top and a knife comes out clean. (If it starts to colour too early, cover it with foil to prevent it from burning).
- Remove the loaf from the oven and allow it to cool in the tin for about an hour (so that it doesn’t crumble when you slice it).
- Cut the loaf into 9 slices.
- Melt the white chocolate and drizzle it evenly over the loaf.
- Sprinkle on the lemon zest.
- This recipe will keep in an airtight container for a few days at room temperature.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 152kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g