“What can I say about Matt? What nice things can I say?
I began working with Matt last September and it has been one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
WHY I BEGAN TRAINING WITH MATT:
I was always physically active with sports and fitness classes. I felt I needed something extra and I believed that weight training was the way to go, to not only get in good physical shape, but also to get stronger. However, I was a complete novice and needed some guidance on technique.
It turned out that I have gotten much more by working with Matt than I had expected. His nutritional advice has been top class.
His training plans are really challenging and I really enjoy that they change every few weeks and it’s a constant challenge.
What I really like about Matt as my trainer is that he gets that life is more that just the gym, it’s a life altering experience but nights out and social outings are all apart of life also.
What I didn’t expect from training with Matt:
– He takes no shite or excuses from me. Which is really annoying sometimes!
– He ends up being the voice in your head telling you that you need to consider what protein source you’re going to choose on a meal out. That voice also makes me take the stairs instead of a lift to get in those frickin steps!
It has been an educational journey as I felt I was eating well and exercising well before this challenge. However, it has been an eye opener as to the calories that are in so called ‘healthy’ foods!
For anyone who is considering training with Matt (or any trainer) I know that you might be feeling self conscious or have certain scenarios in your head, but the gym is not like that! People are generally friendly and no-one pays any heed to what you are doing.
Make the move,
Matt takes a total approach to fitness, pushing you beyond your limits, teaching you how to fuel your body, monitoring your progression and helping you adopt a mindset that will not accept failure.”
– Louise Hickey
“Louise started doing PT with me after coming back from travelling last year. She had always been fit and active, she took to weight training like a duck to water.
Within a couple of months she was doing bodyweight push ups, dips and chin ups. Since then she has went on to deadlift110kg, Squat 95kg and Bench 45kg.
When the photoshoot opportunity came up, I convinced her with a gentle shove ? She was the most laid back person in the whole group leading up to the shoot.
One of the best things about Louise is that she has a healthy lifestyle and a very balanced approach when it comes to fitness;
– Trains 2 to 4 times a week consistently and is constantly improving and looking to get stronger.
– Eats well all the time, doesn’t meticulously count calories or weigh foods. Just understands the concepts of portion control, calories, macronutrients and uses them to make good decisions.
– Keeps active outside of the gym.
– Is able to go out, go away and socialise without feeling guilty or like she needs to punish herself for it.
There’s no extreme approaches, just a consistent approach towards fitness. Why does it work? Because it’s SUSTAINABLE for her. Fitness compliments her life, it doesn’t control it.”
Ready to Begin Your Transformation Journey?
Join our online coaching programme