Moroccan Cous Cous
Moroccan Cous CousPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 6 servings
- 300 g cous cous (raw weight)
- 1 veg stock cube
- 1 medium apple (diced into small cubes)
- 60 g crumbled light feta cheese
- 30 g chopped pistachio nuts (or any nuts)
- 30 g golden raisins (or any raisins)
- 1/2 Juice of a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Add the dry cous cous to a large bowl and pour over 300mls of boiling veg stock (made with the stock cube).
- Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork, add your spices/seasonings and the juice of half a lemon, and mix well.
- Add in the diced apple, crumbled feta, chopped nuts, raisins, fresh parsely and mix well until well combined.
- Taste and season as required.
- Cover and keep refrigerated until serving. This recipe will hold for about 3-4 days in the fridge so it is a great lunch box option to have with something like a grilled chicken breast/turkey burger etc.
Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 5g