Roasted Sweet Potato & Black Lentil LunchboxPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 4 servings
- 400 g sweet potato (cut into fries)
- 400 g carrots (cut into fries)
- 1 red onion (roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic
- Mixed Herbs
- 200 g black lentils (200g raw lentils or 400g cooked lentils)
- 1/2 veg stock pot/stock cube
- 120 g feta
- 80 g rocket
- 1 kcal spray
- Preheat an oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Cook lentils according to packet instructions with a stockpot/cube added. (Add lentils to a saucepan with the stockpot/cube. Cover with cold water and bring to the boil for ten minutes. Reduce heat, stir, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes until the liquid has evaporated and the lentils are tender.)
- Meanwhile, add the carrots, sweet potatoes and red onion to a large bowl.
- Add the garlic and season with black pepper, paprika and mixed herbs.
- Spray well with 1 kcal spray and mix well until the fries are evenly coated.
- Spread out evenly on a lined baking tray and spray again with 1 kcal spray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes turning halfway through. Can switch to the grill for the last 5 minutes to crisp them up.
- Divide the fries into 4 portions and serve each over a bed of rocket.
- Add the lentils on top and crumble the feta cheese over each portion.
- Serve with your favourite dressing. Balsamic vinegar or sriracha sauce are good options!
- This recipe is great for lunch boxes as it holds well and can be eaten cold.
Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 5g