Roasted Vegetable CouscousPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 8 servings
- 280 g couscous (raw weight)
- 600 g diced butternut squash (Tesco/Dunnes have prechopped ones)
- 200 g diced courgette
- 1 diced red pepper (approx. 150g)
- 1 diced yellow pepper (approx. 150g)
- Juice of a lemon
- 400 mls veg stock
- 1 tablespoon paprika powder (or any seasoning/spice you like)
- 1 handful of chopped parsley
- 25 g flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with tinfoil and add the butternut squash and courgette.
- Spray well with 1 kcal spray and season with salt, pepper and paprika/spices of choice stirring it to evenly coat everything.
- ️Roast the veg for about 30 minutes stirring half-way through.
- While the veg is roasting, add the raw couscous to a large bowl and pour over the veg stock mixing well.
- Cover and allow to sit for 20 minutes to allow it to cook and absorb the liquid. It should be nice and fluffy when it is ready.
- Remove the roasted veg from the oven and leave aside.
- Add the diced peppers, lemon juice and chopped parsley to the couscous.
- Mix in the roasted veg, taste and season as required.
- Garnish with more parsley and flaked almonds before serving.
- It will keep fresh in the fridge in an airtight container for a few days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 3g