San Choy Bau (Chinese Lettuce Wraps)Print Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 4 servings
- 500 g lean pork mince (or any mince)
- 2 little gem lettuce hearts
- 1/2 finely chopped onion or spring onions (approx 100g)
- 300 g grated carrots
- 60 g curry paste (massaman, red, green etc)
- 1 finely chopped red chili
- 30 mls light soy sauce
- 20g honey
- Juice of a lime (plus extra wedges to serve)
- Thai basil leaves (optional)
- 1kcal spray
- Separate the lettuce leaves and serve in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok on a medium heat and spray well with 1 kcal spray.
- Add the onion and cook for one minute.
- Next, add the carrots and cook for a further 2 minutes to soften the veg.
- Add the curry paste, soy sauce, honey and pork mince cooking for about 5 minutes stirring from time to time to combine everything.
- Add the lime juice, 100mls of water and cook for another 5-7 minutes continuing to stir until the liquid evaporates.
- Serve the cooked mince in lettuce cups with a garnish of red chili, a lime wedge and some chopped thai basil.
Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 6g