Slow Cooker Beef StewPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 8 servings
- 900 g diced beef (stewing beef)
- 600 g quartered rooster potatoes
- 400 g chopped carrots
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves grated garlic
- 750 mls beef stock
- 30 g tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 30 g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary (can also use dried)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1kcal spray
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat and spray well with 1 kcal spray.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper before adding it to the pan.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes until evenly browned to sear the beef. Alternatively, skip this step and add the beef straight in to the slow cooker raw.
- Next, add the potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic on top.
- Pour in the beef stock, Worcestershire sauce and tomato puree.
- Season with paprika, thyme, rosemary and pepper.
- Stir well to combine everything, cover and cook on a low heat for 8 hours or on a high heat for 4 hours.
- Remove one cup of stock from the stew and whisk in the flour to form a smooth paste.
- Add the paste back in to the stew, stir well and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Taste and season as required before serving.
Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 8g