Slow Roasted Tomato and Basil Sauce
Print Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 10 tomatoes
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 handful sasil
- 1 kcal spray
- Preheat oven to the hottest setting.
- Put whole tomatoes and garlic onto a large baking tray.
- Spray with 1 kcal spray and bake for about an hour stirring from time to time (the longer the better!!)
- Take out of oven and let cool a little bit before putting mixture into a blender. Blend it until it is smooth and add fresh chopped basil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with whatever you like!! Great as a soup or sauce and can be used as a base for so many recipes.
- Store it in the fridge and use within a few days or else freeze it in individual portions.
Calories: 44kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 595mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2050IU | Vitamin C: 34.7mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 0.7mg