Southern (Air) Fried ChickenPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 7 servings
- 600 g chicken breast (mini fillets or thinly sliced pieces)
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 1-2 teaspoons seasonings of choice e.g. paprika, cajun, piri piri, fajita mix, dried herbs
- Salt & pepper
- 1 kcal spray
- 4 egg whites or 1 whole egg whisked
- Add the egg/egg whites to a bowl and whisk.
- In another bowl, add the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and seasoning of choice.
- Mix well.
- Dip each strip of chicken breast/mini fillet in the egg whites to coat well.
- Remove from the egg mixture and dip into the breadcrumb mix.
- Flip over and coat well.
- Repeat this process with the rest of the chicken and spray each piece with some 1 kcal spray.
- Add the breaded chicken to the air fryer and cook for 20 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Flip half way through cooking and give another few sprays of 1 kcal spray to crisp them up.
- If using an oven, spray a lined baking tray well with 1 kcal spray, add the chicken, spray on top again and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for about 20 minutes until crispy and cooked throughout (flipping after 10 minutes).
- **Makes approx. 7 southern fried chicken fillets. If using mini breast fillets, you will probably get 14 mini fillets for the same amount of chicken.
Serving: 1fillet | Calories: 151kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 2g