Spaghetti CarbonaraPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 3 servings
- 150g spaghetti
- 4 lean bacon medallions
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 egg
- 100ml skimmed milk
- 60g extra light cream cheese
- 8 sliced mushrooms
- 100g spiralized courgette (optional)
- 1 kcal spray
- parsley (fresh or dried)
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add the spaghetti cooking according to packet instructions.
- Heat a frying pan on medium and spray with one kcal spray.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms, onion and sliced bacon medallions and cook for 5 minutes until bacon is starting to crisp.
- Remove from the heat and leave aside.
- In a bowl beat together the extra light cream cheese and egg.
- Add in the bacon, garlic, mushroom and onion mixture.
- Stir in the milk and parsley.
- Season with pepper
- Drain the spaghetti and add it back to the saucepan.
- Add in the spiralized courgette.
- Add the sauce mixture to the spaghetti and heat gently for about 3 minutes stirring constantly until the sauce thickens and cooks.
- Serve immediately.
- Add in more veg of choice if you want to bulk up the portion.
- To increase portion size of meal, adjust spaghetti (carb) or bacon (protein) to a larger serving.
Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 6g