- 600 g new potatoes
- 20-40 g McDonnell's Spice Bag Mix Classic flavour - the red sachet is much lower in calories than purple (can make your own spice bag seasoning with five spice, chili, cumin, garlic, onion, salt and pepper)
- 1 diced red pepper (approx. 150g)
- 1 diced yellow pepper (approx. 150g)
- 1/2 sliced onion (approx. 75g)
- 300 g mini chicken breast fillets
- 1 beaten egg
- 30 g panko breadcrumbs (Tescos - Asian aisle)
- 20 g flour
- Preheat your oven to 200˚C.
- Put a large pan of salted water on to boil.
- Quarter each potato into wedges (half them lengthways twice).
- Add the potatoes to the boiling water and parboil for 6 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and leave to steam dry for a few minutes.
- Line a baking tray with tin foil and spray well with 1kcal spray.
- Add the peppers, onions and spray again with 1kcal spray.
- Season with 20-30g of the spice bag mix (use less if you don't want it to be too spicy/salty).
- Give them a good shake to coat them with the seasoning
- Bake for 20 minutes until crispy and the peppers have started to char.
- Meanwhile, line another baking tray with foil and spray with 1kcal spray.
- Add the flour to a bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs and 10g of the leftover spice mix seasoning to another bowl and mix well.
- Add the egg to a third bowl and beat with a fork.
- Dip each mini chicken fillet in the flour, egg and then breadcrumb mixture until well coated and add to the tray.
- Repeat with each mini fillet and spray them all with 1kcal spray.
- Switch the oven to the grill and add the chicken goujons to the top shelf of the oven for the last 10 minutes flipping half way until the chicken is crispy and cooked throughout.
- Serve the spicy potatoes/veg with the chicken goujons.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 442kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 7g