Spicy Harissa Chicken CouscousPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 4 serving
- 1 finely chopped onion (approx 150g)
- 1 sliced yellow pepper (approx 150g)
- 500 g diced chicken breast
- 1 thumb sized piece grated ginger
- 50 g harissa paste (can swap for any spicy paste you like)
- 250 g tinned chickpeas (drained weight)
- 160 g couscous (raw weight)
- 400 ml chicken stock (using a stock pot or stock cube)
- 1 squeeze of lime juice
- 1 handful chopped coriander (optional)
- Heat a large pan on a medium heat and spray well with 1 kcal spray.
- Add the onion and cook for 1-2 mins just until softened.
- Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes until brown on all sides.
- Add the sliced pepper and cook for a further 3-5 minutes until the chicken is cooked throughout and the onions have turned golden.
- Add in the grated ginger.
- Stir in the harissa paste and cook for a further minute.
- Add the chickpeas and the raw couscous.
- Pour over the stock and stir once.
- Reduce h, cover with a lid and leave for about 5 mins until the couscous has soaked up all the stock and is soft.
- Taste and season as required.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork and serve with freshly chopped coriander and a squeeze of lime juice.
Calories: 449kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 7g