Spicy Thai style broth with prawns and vermicelli noodles.
Tom Yum Soup with Coconut MilkPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 3 servings
- 800 mls of veg stock
- 2 stalks of lemon grass
- 2 cloves of grated garlic
- 1 finely chopped red chili
- 1 teaspoon of chili flakes
- 1/2 the juice of a lime
- 1 sliced red pepper
- 100 g of whole baby mushrooms
- 6 of whole cherry tomatoes
- 300 g of prawns
- 2 x 45 g blocks of vermicelli noodles
- 400 mls of light coconut milk (Tesco brand is the lowest in calories)
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- black pepper
- Heat a saucepan on a high heat and add 800mls of veg stock.
- Add the lemongrass stalks and bring to a boil for about 6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add the garlic, chili, chili flakes and lime juice.
- Add the sliced pepper, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and prawns simmering for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add the vermicelli noodle blocks.
- Stir carefully to separate the noodles.
- Add the light coconut milk, coriander and oyster sauce.
- Stir well and season with black pepper.
Calories: 323kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 12g