Butternut Squash & Cashew Nut Curry
Butternut Squash & Cashew Nut CurryPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 4 servings
- 600 g diced butternut squash (Dunnes/Tesco have prechopped ones to save time)
- 1 diced red pepper (approx. 150g)
- 1 finely chopped small onion (approx. 120g)
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- 1 thumb sized piece of grated ginger
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400 mls light coconut milk
- 20 g curry powder
- 1 veg stock cube
- 240 g tin of chickpeas or cannellini beans - drained weight (can leave out or sub for chicken etc)
- 30 g cashew nuts
- Heat large pan or wok over a medium heat and spray well with 1 kcal spray.
- Sauté the onions for 2 minutes, then add the garlic, ginger and curry powder and sauté for 2 minutes more.
- Add the red pepper and butternut squash and sauté for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, tinned tomato and stock cube (crumble the cube in).
- Add in the cashew nuts and chickpeas/cannellini beans.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer stirring from time to time for about 15 minutes until the butternut squash is tender and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 272kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 11g