Creamy Cajun PastaPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 3 servings
- 150 g pasta (raw weight)
- 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 100 g diced onion
- 200 g diced red pepper
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- 400 mls vegetable stock (made with 1 veg stock cube)
- 10 g cajun seasoning (you can swap this for any seasoning you have available)
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 100 g extra light cream cheese
- 1 kcal spray
- Salt & pepper
- Heat a pan on a medium heat and spray well with 1 kcal spray
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan, and cook until soft before adding the peppers.
- Stir fry for a further 2 minutes and add in the Cajun seasoning.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes and then add in the veg stock and tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Bring to a simmer and season with salt, pepper and the mixed herbs.
- Add in your dry pasta and simmer for about 10-15 minutes until the pasta is almost cooked. The liquid will reduce and the sauce will thicken as it cooks.
- Stir in the cream cheese until it is melted and simmer for another minute or two until the pasta is cooked.
- Taste and season as required before serving.
- OPTIONAL: If you want a more satisfying meal option, add your favourite protein source. Some options which would be nice are diced chicken breast, reduced fat chorizo or prawns.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 327kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 6g