Creamy Winter Veg SoupPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 8 bowls
- 300g chopped carrots
- 300g chopped turnips
- 200g chopped potatoes
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 chopped celery sticks
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
- fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- salt & pepper
- 50g extra light cream cheese
- Heat a large sauce pan on medium heat and spray with one kcal spray.
- Add the onion, celery, garlic, carrots, turnips and potatoes cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock.
- Add thyme, black pepper and the bay leaves.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for about 20-25 minutes until all the veg is soft.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Remove from the heat and blend with a hand blender until the soup is smooth.
- Add the fresh chopped parsley.
- Taste it and season as needed with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cream cheese until melted.
- Can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days or frozen into individual servings.
Calories: 65kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g