Fish PiePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 3 frozen haddock fillets (or cod fillets)
- 400g diced potatoes
- 100g diced carrots
- 100g spinach
- 300ml skimmed milk
- 10g cornflour (mixed into a paste with a drop of cold skimmed milk)
- 30g grated cheddar
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- Boil the potatoes ufor about 15-20 minutes until soft.
- Mash potatoes adding a little bit of warmed skimmed milk.
- Season well with salt & pepper and leave a side.
- Bring 300 ml of skimmed milk to a simmer in another sauce pan.
- Stir in the cornflour paste until it begins to thicken.
- Reduce heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the wholegrain mustard.
- Add the cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and leave a side.
- In a pie dish, add the frozen haddock fillets.
- Top with the diced carrots.
- Pour 1/3 of the sauce mixture on top.
- Top with the spinach.
- Pour the rest of the sauce over.
- Top with the mash and spread out evenly with a fork.
- Brush with the beaten egg and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 35 minutes until golden brown.
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 5g