Lentil RaguPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 4 servings
- 300 g dry black lentils
- 800 g tinned chopped tomatoes (2 tins)
- 2 sticks celery
- 200 g carrots
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves grated garlic
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- Chili flakes
- Fresh basil
- Salt & pepper
- 60 g parmesan
- 1 kcal spray
- Finely chop the celery, onion and carrots.
- Spray a large saucepan/wok with 1 kcal spray and heat on a medium heat.
- Add the celery, onion, and carrots and cook for about 10 minutes until the veg starts to soften.
- Add the garlic, oregano and cook for another minute.
- Add the dry lentils, tinned tomatoes, and stock, and bring to the boil.
- Season with pepper, reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes until lentils are tender.
- Add in some chopped basil.
- Serve each portion with 15g of grated parmesan.
- This recipe goes well with spaghetti or spiralized courgette.
Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 6g