Red Pepper Pasta
Red Pepper PastaPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 3 servings
- 150 g pasta (raw weight)
- 1/2 finely chopped onion (approx. 75g)
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- 1 jar roasted red peppers (approx. 300g drained weight)
- 100 mls skimmed milk
- Salt & pepper
- 1 kcal spray
- Heat a pan on a medium heat and spray well with 1 kcal spray.
- Add the onion and garlic, and sauté until soft (about 4-5 minutes)
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Add the roasted red peppers to the onions and continue to cook for a further few minutes stirring from time to time.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender/nutritibullet and blitz until smooth.
- Pour the puree back into the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the milk to make a creamy sauce and season well with salt and pepper (to taste).
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan, mix well and serve garnished with fresh parsley.
- You can also add a protein source such as prawns or chicken to make it a more substantial meal, add a side salad for extra veg or top with grated parmesan.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 1g