Shepherd's PiePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 6 servings
- 600g 5% fat beef mince (or Quorn mince for vegetarian)
- 500g sweet potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 500g carrots (peeled and diced)
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 8 sliced mushrooms
- 400ml stock (beef or vegetable)
- 100ml skimmed milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper
- 1 kcal spray
- herbs (parsley, thyme, rosemary) (fresh or dried)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Heat a wok on medium and spray with 1 kcal spray.
- Add the onion and garlic and sweat for a minute or two.
- Add in the mince cooking until brown.
- Add in the mushrooms and frozen peas.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes to let it reduce slightly.
- Season with salt, parsley and thyme.
- Add in the Worcestershire sauce.
- Meanwhile to make the mash topping, add the carrots and sweet potatoes to a separate pot and fill with cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 10 minutes or until both the carrots and sweet potatoes are tender.
- Drain the carrots and sweet potatoes. Add in about 100ml of hot milk and begin mashing until you have a smooth creamy consistency.
- Season the mash with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Pour the mince mixture into a large pie dish.
- Spoon the mash over the mince mixture and spread evenly with a fork.
- Spray with 1 kcal spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the top is starting to colour and the mince is bubbling at the edges. Flash under the grill to brown if you like!
Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 5g