Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican ChickenPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 8 servings
- 1.2 kg chicken breasts (about 6 large chicken breasts)
- 1 tin black beans
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 250 g frozen corn
- 3 cloves grated garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- Salt & pepper
- Add chicken to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Drain the tin of black beans and add them on top.
- Add the tomatoes, frozen corn and about 100mls of water.
- Add the spices, herbs and garlic.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Stir the ingredients to distribute spices.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low setting for 8 hours or on high setting for 4 hours.
- When cooked, shred the chicken breasts in the slow cooker with a fork (they will fall apart so easily).
- Serve with tortilla wraps, nachos, rice, taco shells, in a burrito, with a baked potato or salad - anything you like.
- Could also add some coriander, melted cheese, guacamole or sour cream.
Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 4g