Taco FriesPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 2 servings
- 200 g lean beef mince/Quorn mince
- 1/2 finely chopped onion (approx. 75g)
- 2 cloves of grated garlic
- 1 diced red pepper (approx. 150g)
- 400 g small new potatoes
- 1 teaspoon of each - cumin, paprika, chili powder, oregano (can use half a sachet of Mexican spice mix instead)
- 200 g chopped tinned tomatoes
- 20 g low calorie sour cream (e.g. Old El Paso)
- 20 g sriracha sauce (or any hot sauce)
- 30 g light grated cheddar
- Salt & pepper
- 1 kcal spray
- Preheat your oven to 200˚C.
- Put a large pan of salted water on to boil.
- Add the potatoes to the boiling water and parboil for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan on a medium heat and spray well with 1 kcal spray.
- Add the onion and garlic, and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mince and diced peppers, and cook until the mince is brown.
- Add the finely chopped mushrooms.
- Season well with salt, pepper, paprika, oregano, chili powder and cumin (adjust spices to suit your preference).
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, and allow to simmer on a low heat while you finish the fries.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander.
- Quarter each potato into wedges (half them lengthways twice).
- Transfer to a lined baking tray sprayed with 1kcal spray and spread out in one layer.
- Season with salt and pepper and spray again.
- Bake or air fry for 20 minutes until golden and cooked throughout.
- Meanwhile, make the taco sauce by mixing the sriracha and sour cream in a bowl.
- Serve the fries topped with the mince mixture, grated cheese and taco sauce.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 7g