Sweet & Sour Chicken
Sweet & Sour ChickenPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 4 people
- 550 g chopped chicken breast
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves grated garlic
- 1 thmb sized piece grated ginger
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1 chopped yellow pepper
- 1 medium sized chopped carrot
- 1 x 432g tin of pineapple chunks
Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- juice from the tin of pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- salt & pepper
- 1 kcal spray.
- Heat a wok on medium and spray well with 1 kcal spray.
- Add the garlic and the onion and sweat for two minutes.
- Add the chicken and and brown slightly.
- Add the ginger, peppers and carrots and stir fry for a further 5 minutes (until chicken is white throughout).
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the cornflour, soy sauce, pineapple juice, tomato puree and white wine vinegar.
- Add the sauce to the stir fry and bring to the boil.
- Stir in the pineapple chunks.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste and serve immediately with rice, noodles or cauliflower rice.
Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 2g